Monday, April 25, 2011

Stealing Lightning

I recently watched Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.



Having read the book in the past few months, I was excited to see how it compared and followed the plot. While the movie was fantastic (and incredibly visually pleasing), I was disappointed by the lack of similar events between the book and the movie. Despite this fact, I really enjoyed the movie itself. Looking more into deleted scenes from the movie, I found a lot of the book plot (and what I thought were important events) had been filmed, but taken out.



I especially enjoyed what the creators did with the use of water and movement of it in the film. The special effects looked realistic and fantastic.

As a library person, I’m incredibly excited about this series and how it will introduce some kids to Greek Mythology past what they get in the classroom.

Videos from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xko1Mx5w4tg&playnext=1&list=PLEA171DD3C6065FA9 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-7jqIwHDlw


No comments:

Post a Comment